Times are uncertain, the novel coronavirus pandemic is unprecedented, and tensions are high. We understand; that’s why we’re taking precautions to give you one less thing to worry about.
Indoor Science has served Chicago and Chicagoland for over 15 years and we’re not stopping now. As essential workers, we will continue performing residential and commercial indoor assessments to protect you and your family from contaminants like mold, asbestos, radon, VOCs, and many others — now with added precautions to limit the spread of Covid-19.
Precautions that we’re taking:
With your health and safety in mind, we’ve adopted the following precautionary measures into our protocol:
- When scheduling appointments, our team will ask if the clients think they may have COVID-19 or are sick with a cough or fever. If so, we will likely schedule the work for a future time.
- Prior to an appointment, our project manager will take his/her temperature in the morning. If he/she has a fever, they will transfer the work to another project manager.
- The morning of an appointment, our clients will receive a “Check-in” call from the project manager to ensure that no one in the home is sick. We ask that customers cancel or reschedule the appointment if anyone is COVID-19 positive, exhibiting symptoms, or has been in contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive. For these cases we are waiving cancellation fees.
- Our project managers will not shake hands, and at the door prior to entering, we will put on shoe covers, gloves, and a respirator.
- We will try to stay 6 feet away from occupants in the home throughout the inspection.
- Project managers will use hand sanitizer regularly during the appointment, especially after coming in contact with high-touch surfaces.
- We will minimize the amount of conversation we have as much as possible while on-site. If the client wants to discuss our findings after the appointment, we will suggest a conversation outside or a phone call from the car when the project manager is near the property.
Precautions we ask our clients to take:
We’re all in this together! To make this work, we’ll need your cooperation in a few ways as well:
- We will request, upon arrival and departure, that the client opens the door and steps back 6 ft from the door before we enter/exit the residence.
- We request that the person interacting with our project manager wears a mask and practices social distancing throughout the assessment.
- We recommend payment by check or that the client calls the office to process a credit card payment over the phone. This avoids our project managers handling your credit card.
- We recommend that clients use their own pen to sign any paperwork.
Our goal is to help our clients maintain a healthy indoor environment. Now more than ever, you can trust us to take your health seriously. We ask you to provide the same consideration to the health of our project managers and abide by the recommendations we’ve set forth. We’re stronger together! To schedule an assessment, call our office at 312-920-9393.