Featured Online Course: CIE/CIEC
You can take our most popular class, the Indoor Environmentalist Course, online without needing to leave the safety of your home. The 32-hour online class includes sections on contaminants, health effects, HVAC, building science, standards, remediation, and more. Online students consistently pass the Certified Indoor Environmentalist (CIE) and Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC) exams at the same rate as students of the on-site class. You can access the online content at any time — day or night. The entire course is video-based and is guaranteed to keep your interest!
To register, click: Indoor Environmentalist (CIE/CIEC) Online Course.
- What are droplets and aerosols and how far do they go? A historical perspective on the transmission of respiratory infectious diseases
- VENTILATION: WHY does no one take it seriously? (reflections from the late Prof. Jan Sundell)
- A good primer on low-cost air quality sensors
- A database of Legionnaires’ Disease outbreaks also see Recent Legionnaires’ Disease Outbreaks from HC Info
- Emerging Science on Indoor Chemistry, a video with top experts (including Charles Weschler and Bill Nazaroff)
- Open Letter to address the use of Electronic Air Cleaning Equipment in Buildings
- Faster Air Exchange in Buildings Not Always Beneficial for Coronavirus Levels
- From The Lancet: Designing infectious disease resilience into school buildings through improvements to ventilation and air cleaning
- COVID-19 transmission in multi-unit residential buildings
- Cost-Effective Operations and Maintenance for COVID-19, a paper by Ed Light
- COVID-19 Risk Calculator from Harvard
- Visualize the spread of COVID-19 from the Washington Post
- Covid-19 has redefined airborne transmission — a simple explanation from Linsey Marr, Yuguo Li, and others
- Indoor Air Changes and Potential Implications for SARS-CoV-2 Transmission by Joseph Allen
Indoor Sciences was recently acquired and we are expanding our indoor air quality consulting footprint across the US. We’re hiring industrial hygienists in Chicago and are looking for like-minded partner firms to support our service offerings in all major metropolitan areas. If you have any interest in partnering, please reach out to discuss how we might work together.